Technical Support Analyst
POSITION: IT Support
SALARY: 25k – 35k depending on experience
BENEFITS: Company Pension, 20 Days’ holiday plus bank holidays, Company Phone, Company Laptop, All expenses paid, paid for certifications and an excellent working environment and many other benefits (see below).
HOURS: Flexible working hours between 8am – 6pm
LOCATION: Coleshill, Birmingham B46 3AL
We provide IT Support, Managed IT Services, IT Solutions, Cloud, Security and Software Development for Birmingham and the Midlands.
We are seeking an enthusiastic; customer service focused Technical Support Analyst to join the Service Desk support team at our offices in Coleshill.
You will be the first point of contact for our customers, so you will be someone who is passionate about giving great customer service and loves what they do. The role involves supporting customer’s IT hardware, software and infrastructure remotely. You’ll be responsible for completing detailed and accurate call records that will be used by the team for fault analysis and issue resolution.
We pride ourselves on giving world class service and quality technical solutions. We want individuals who are passionate about representing our brand and building strong customer relationships. So, if you’re looking for a career that’s not just challenging, but full of potential and rewards, with the opportunity to access in-depth training, then please get in contact.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose IT hardware, networking, hosted and software issues remotely.
- Answer telephone calls and emails, and log support issues on the ticketing system to manage your call queue on ServiceDesk.
- Actively monitor customer’s IT equipment for faults.
- Offer technical advice and support to customer professionally.
- Escalate issues to the relevant team / engineer / manufacturer as required.
- Respond to customer’s support issues and requests in accordance with customer agreements.
- Work as part of a team of Support Analysts – helping to improve and deliver quality service.
- A keen interest in IT technologies.
- 2+ years experience in an IT Support environment.
- Customer service focused.
- A passion for trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Be self-motivated with a drive to progress.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with customers and colleagues at all levels.
- Be a team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude and improve knowledge/learning.
- Experience of supporting end users in an IT service environment.
- Experience of LAN/WAN technologies, troubleshooting and setup.
As a successful 2nd/3rd line Technical Support Analyst, you will have experience of:
- Active Directory (managing user accounts within AD and Troubleshooting).
- Group Policies (Troubleshooting, Setup).
- MS Exchange (management of user accounts, Troubleshooting and maintenance).
- Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating systems and Applications (support).
- MS Office 365 (management of user accounts, Troubleshooting and maintenance).
- Remote Desktop Services / Terminal Server (trouble shooting, connection issues and setup).
- LAN and WAN technologies including, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, IP Addressing, VPN, switching, routing, wired and wireless access (a basic networking understanding).
- Active Directory (managing user accounts).
- Group Policies (what are they, how they are enforced and implemented).
- MS Exchange (user accounts, ‘how do I’ support advice, access requests & maintenance).
- MS Office (‘how do I’ support advice, trouble shooting and general support).
- MS Office 365 (user accounts management, ‘how do I’ support advice, access requests and maintenance).
- Remote Desktop Services/Terminal Server (trouble shooting, connection and setup)
- LAN & WANs, TCP/IP, DHCP, Wi-Fi, DNS, VPN, switching, routing (basic networking understanding)
- Knowledge of application support (client expectation/vendor management; liaison between the client and vendor)
- Attractive salary package, dependent on experience.
- 20 Days’ holiday plus bank holidays increasing annually with service.
- Employee benefits package including leisure, travel and retail discounts.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Weekly dress down day.
- Company pension scheme.
- Free on-site parking.
- Development opportunities.
- Company Phone.
- Company Laptop.
- All expenses paid, paid for certifications.
- An excellent working environment!
- Competitive salary
- Financial support for continued attainment of professional IT accreditations
- Flexible working hours
- Free parking
- Air-conditioned office
- 20 days holiday increasing with service (plus bank holidays)
- Travel insurance
- Paid overtime
- Office 365 subscription for personal use
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter highlighting why you think you are suitable for the position, by clicking on the apply button below.
ACUTEC operates with a no agencies policy. Recruitment agencies will not be responded to.