Technical Support Analyst
£25,000-£30,000 | Full-time | Permanent
We are seeking a talented 2nd/3rd line Technical Support Analyst for our professional IT team, providing desktop & server support.
You are a:
- Enthusiastic, professional, customer orientated individual from an IT Services or complex IT multi-site corporate background.
- Skilled in hardware, workstation, client and Server operating systems, application and network support in a service desk environment.
- Your application will demonstrate 12+ months technical support experience in a busy customer led service desk.
- You will provide first response telephone and remote support, logging calls via a service management system, to support clients.
- Ownership and managing call queues within SLAs; resolving technical issues in a professional manner.
- Being mindful of client needs to proactively deliver customer satisfaction consistently.
- Keeping clients fully informed of progress at every stage with quality service.
- Basic knowledge of Internet Firewall and Ethernet switching in a business environment.
- Creating technical documentation – to enhance and improve knowledge-base.
- Undertake out-of-hours support and on-site support in a rota.
- Engage with line management; taking personal responsibility for career goals via appraisals.
- Work in a team of world class IT professionals – delivering quality and value.
You will be:
- An effective communicator, confident in your own ability and respectful of other’s opinions.
- Committed to getting best results, first time – recognising areas to develop.
- Dedicated, well presented & focused on quality.
- Well-spoken, personable with ability to put people at ease.
- Able to manage your own time and tasks with awareness of company and team needs.
- Interest in the latest platforms and technologies to support new technologies.
As a successful 2nd/3rd line Technical Support Analyst, you will have experience of:
- Active Directory (managing user accounts).
- Group Policies (what are they, how they are enforced and implemented).
- MS Exchange (user accounts, ‘how do I’ support advice, access requests & maintenance).
- MS Office (‘how do I’ support advice, trouble shooting and general support).
- MS Office 365 (user accounts management, ‘how do I’ support advice, access requests and maintenance).
- Remote Desktop Services/Terminal Server (trouble shooting, connection and setup)
- LAN & WANs, TCP/IP, DHCP, Wi-Fi, DNS, VPN, switching, routing (basic networking understanding)
- Knowledge of application support (client expectation/vendor management; liaison between the client and vendor)
- CompTIA A+ Maintenance.
- Microsoft MCP, MCSA/MCSE
As a member of our Technical Support team you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Financial support for continued attainment of professional IT accreditations
- Flexible working hours
- Free parking
- Air-conditioned office
- 20 days holiday increasing with service (plus bank holidays)
- Travel insurance
- Paid overtime
- Office 365 subscription for personal use
ACUTEC operates with a no agencies policy. Recruitment agencies will not be responded to.