What is web hosting?
In order to have your website accessible to everyone on the Internet, it needs to be permanently online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on a suitable web server which can handle client requests. Therefore the most important factors which should be considered for web hosting are:
- Reliability i.e. disaster recovery plan, preventative maintenance etc.
- Network the server resides in i.e. the capacity and average load can determine the speed at which your pages are delivered to the person requesting them.
- Server specification i.e. amount of resources can play a part in performance
- Software and what version i.e. stability, upgrades etc.
Cheap web hosting and freebies often make sacrifices on reliability, performance and accessibility which ultimately, has a negative impact on your businesses online precence. Most people believe that the quality of their web pages is the important factor but this only comes into play if the hosting solution is allowing web users to access them in the first place.
ACUTEC’s Web Hosting Solution
ACUTEC provide dedicated web hosting and semi-dedicated web hosting to provide outstanding hosting packages to suit our customer’s needs. With over 20 years experience with small to medium business IT systems, ACUTEC have witnessed a continual drive towards eBusiness utilising broadband, web design, web development and email. This allows us to assess your requirements and suggest the right technical solution for your website.
Unlike huge Internet Service Providers (ISPs) or web hosting giants, we can offer one-to-one advice, fault diagnosis and help with your web site over the phone, by email or even remotely. We are not a bunch of web geeks who spout jargon…we are able to understand your business objectives but still provide valuable technical knowledge and expertise in many related fields such as integration, email, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and web development.
Windows or Linux hosting?
As a general rule of thumb for a simple HTML website, there is little difference with either solution as both provide a suitable web server and can deliver web pages to clients. However for more advanced websites such as eCommerce or Content Management System (CMS) websites utilising web databases and server-scripting languages such as PHP we would recommend the Linux option as this provides the greatest reliability, scalability and flexibility. However we are able to offer both Windows and Linux hosting so whether you have your own team of web developers using ASP, .NET, PHP, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server, ACUTEC can offer correct infrastructure and set up.
Whatever your business needs, ACUTEC can help you get set up with the right solution within a very short time frame so you always get the most from your online profile.
What features do you get with our web hosting?
This is just a small list of features:
- Unlimited disk space (fair use policy applies)
- Uncapped bandwidth (fair use policy applies)
- Script support such as PHP/ASP, .NET, Perl and CGI.
- Database support such as MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- Powerful security using Cisco Firewalls.
- Regular backups in case of a hardware fault or system failure.
- Hardware redundancy to minimise down time.
- 24/7 monitoring.
- Website statistics
- Technical advice from our expert team of web developers and technical support
If you are interested in finding out more, contact us, call our sales team on 01675 469022 or complete the contact form by clicking on the link to the right and we will call you back.