We offer Search Engine Optimisation for clients to help improve the rankings of their websites to increase traffic and generate more business.
So what is SEO and why do I need it?
It’s a fact that most web users aren’t technical and don’t understand uniform resource locators (URLs), domains or the mechanics behind the Internet. Therefore there is a huge reliance on search engines to help people find websites they want based on searching for appropriate keywords or phrases rather than having to remember thousands of domain names.
However most businesses have websites these days and the competition has been steadily increasing since the birth of the world wide web. With more and more websites seeing the benefits of trading online or investing into their online marketing, there are simply more candidates for search engines like Google to show when someone searches for a particular word or phrase.
Google and many other search engines rank their results by many factors such as relevancy and popularity. They then present their ordered results to the web user with the most relevant and popular websites at the top which matched their search terms. For every Google search there can be thousands or millions of results and it’s unlikely that anyone will spend more than a few seconds deciding on which website to click on.
Therefore SEO is the process of optimising a webpage or collection of web pages in order to improve rankings. If a website is highly ranked in Google (i.e. on the first page) for a particular search phrase i.e. “Bicycles in Coventry”, there is more chance that web users will find their way to that site and this may result in a sale for the business who owns that website.
What does SEO involve?
There are two main areas which influence search engine rankings:
- Content – A search engine wants to provide relevant results to users so they will continue to use that search engine to find what they want on the web. Therefore the search engines continually analyse all websites sucking in the content and deciding whether it might be relevant to certain terms and phrases.
- Link popularity – When you link to another website, you are effectively recommending that website as having information that you approve of and found useful yourself. This is the way Google decides whether Website A with relevant content ranks better than Website B with similar content. If hundreds of other websites link to Website A because it has invaluble information and gets lots of “hits”, this website will be returned by Google first as it is more likely to be of relevance to another web user.
There are many techniques which can be used to optimise content for websites such as:
- Improving page titles and descriptions so they are more explanatory, consise and clear.
- Ensuring content is correctly written, well formatted and contains keywords which web users may search for.
- Removing duplicate content and reorganising content into smaller pages, each focusing on a particular area.
How can ACUTEC help?
Our expertise allows us to go much further than just simple text changes and we can help restructure websites to become easier to index and help them rank much better, usually to be on the first page of Google and other search engines.
We utilise many outstanding tools such as WebPosition Gold, Google WebMaster Tools and Google Analytics to ensure we can monitor, analyse and continually improve the rankings.
We work closely with our clients so that we can understand their business, customer-base and market so the best techniques, keywords and content can be harnessed for great results.
Is it guaranteed to work and how much does SEO cost?
The results are dependant on the type of site, the market and likely demand/competition. We usually carry out SEO work on a monthly or quarterly basis allowing changes to be analysed for impact and make further alterations.
The number of pages and type of industry along with the objectives from SEO will influence the amount of labour required for SEO and therefore the cost.
If you are interested in finding out more, contact us, call our sales team on 01675 469022 or complete the contact form by clicking on the link to the right and we will call you back. We’re always interested in assisting businesses with SEO in Coventry, Birmingham, Warwickshire and the West Midlands to improve their website’s return on investment.