Case Study – Nebosh
What They Do:
NEBOSH is an independent awarding body attracting 21,000 candidates each year to undertake its qualifications.
NEBOSH qualifications are recognised and respected by employers in all sectors of the economy and provide the benchmark standard against which others are compared. They are offered by over 400 NEBOSH-accredited course providers throughout the UK and overseas.
NEBOSH is an expanding organisation undertaking work on a global scale.
A new ‘International General Certificate’ was introduced last year that is already proving popular in the Gulf, Caribbean states, Malaysia and Singapore.
With student numbers rising from 13,000 to 21,000 over the last four years, and further growth overseas predicted, NEBOSH needed to ensure the infrastructure of its computer network could cope with further expansion.
What We Did:
Working in partnership with NEBOSH’s internal IT officer, we:
- Upgraded all systems through the installation of new hardware and software where necessary
- Ensured uniformity across departments by updating all PCs to the same spec
- Tested IT networks to make sure everything was running efficiently
- Set up remote access connections to allow employees to access their work while overseas
- Provide support for office based and remote access IT hardware and software
From client brief to completion at NEBOSH’s employee base in Leicester, time taken was around three months.
- ACUTEC continues to provide proactive IT support for NEBOSH’s network and applications.
- We provide a daily health check report on all systems.
- Systems are continually updated to stay in line with changing working practices and legislation.
“We needed a reliable IT partner that we could trust with our systems. ACUTEC have proven that they can rise to any challenge and I value their flexible approach, working with our changing organisation.
“Their help and advice will continue to be invaluable as NEBOSH embarks on the next stage of its evolution.”