Case Study – KG Aircraft Rotables Co. Ltd
What They Do:
KGAR are specialists in aviation components, providing major airlines with spares and maintenance services. They employ qualified aircraft engineers to offer practical, technical expertise in all areas of their work including the sale of correct components, management of repairs and overhauls and exchange, loan and lease packages.
There is no IT department within KGAR and all IT support was on a ‘pay as you go’ basis with their previous provider. This failed to meet their needs for the following reasons:
- Availability – KGAR’s work is around the clock but their IT support service was office hours only.
- Response Time – KGAR had to fit in with the work schedule of their IT support providers and delays were passed on to KGAR’s clients.
- Knowledge – The previous company didn’t take the time to get to know the systems at KGAR so couldn’t tailor the support to their individual needs.
- Continuity – KGAR would speak to different people each time they reported a problem which meant regularly repeating information.
- Approach – The ‘pay as you go’ support was reactive rather than proactive – fixing problems as they arose rather than trying to prevent them in the first place.
What We Did:
For KGAR to maintain the level of service required by their clients, it was important that ACUTEC addressed all the problems outlined above, delivering targeted assistance to strict deadline. Our service is different because
- Availability – We provide a 24 hour monitoring and assistance service knowing that, to be an effective support arm to airlines, KGAR need their computers up and running around the clock. There is always someone at the end of the phone in case of emergencies.
- Response Time – As KGAR’s work is extremely time cricial, with any IT problems resulting in possible flight delays, it is imperative that we deliver a fast and efficient service. When problems arise, we ensure KGAR are operational within 4 hours.
- Knowledge – We always spend time in the early stages of a business partnership researching our clients computer set-up. We need to understand what hardware and software they are using and know what level of IT skills their personnel have. Only when this underpinning knowledge is in place do we feel we can effectively assist them.
- Continuity – We have instructed two of our expert advisors to deal with the KGAR account. Both have been personally introduced to the people at KGAR and have extensive knowledge of their systems and requirements. This allows for continuity of apprach and more personal relationship with the client.
- Approach – Our approach is very much a proactive one. By constantly monitoring and updating KGAR’s IT system, we can usually alleviate any problems before they cause our client any difficulty, regularly keeping them updated of what has been done on their behalf as part of their support package.
“By providing a much more efficient service, ACUTEC’s proactive approach will enable us to concentrate on our core activity of supporting airlines with materials on demand to critical deadlines.
“Through the constant monitoring of our systems, they sort problems out before we are even aware of them – and often prevent the need for a call our by protecting our systems against viruses.
“They tailor the support they give to our specification and have taken the time to understand what we do and know our systems inside out. By doing so, they are able to maintain the level of service we insist upon.”
Tony Stilwell, operations manager, KG Aircraft Rotables Ltd