Join the ACUTEC Team
We are an expanding company and are always keen to hear from motivated team players with drive, experience and enthusiasm.
Technical Support Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer to join our growing team. N-Able administration and Connectwise experience a BIG Plus!
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing remote 2nd and 3rd line technical support to our clients, this may require occasional travel to client sites to provide first-hand support.
You will log call request information into our client’s CMS system which provides round-the-clock support to our clients. This will require you to take a flexible approach towards working hours for which overtime will be paid. Taking a client focused approach, you will develop a high level of awareness for the support services which support key business processes and activities
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team of IT professionals, working from modern air conditioned offices with free onsite parking, we are a company committed to delivering high level client service and will support the successful applicant financially in the continued attainment of professional IT accreditations.
Your duties will include:
– Troubleshooting problems, identifying the problem and providing prompt resolution
– Monitoring, managing and controlling activities that provide pro-active support for clients
– Developing an understanding of IT strategy and architecture and how it supports business requirements
– Reducing costs and improving efficiency
– Enhancing the skills and capabilities of both customers and staff and enabling a culture of continuous improvement
– Windows Server experience (2008/2011 Server 2012 (including terminal services)
– Microsoft Exchange Administration Experience (2007, 2010, 2013)
– Extensive Windows Desktop experience (Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8)
– Basic knowledge of internet firewall and Ethernet switching in a business environment.
– Virtual Server Experience (VMware/Hyper-V)
– Good hardware experience and ability to build/modify Intel-based or DELL servers
– Solid troubleshooting ability and able to prove/document your work.
– Proficiency in: TCP/IP switching and routing and firewalling knowledge,
– Flexible schedule and willingness to travel
– Should own basic tools like reliable vehicle and portable computer
– A full driving licence.
– Personable and can work well with end users and within a team
– Good communication AND documentation skills and the ability to keep smiling and cool under pressure.
– Certifications: MCSA / MCSE, MCP and related vendor certs and specialties
– Terminal Server and Citrix Metaframe/Presentation/XenApp Server experience
– ESET Antivirus and Shadow Protect Backup Software Experience
– WSUS, DNS servers, Server monitoring technologies, log parsing
Working hours: 8 – 5 Monday – Friday
Notice period: 1 month
To apply for this position please email email@example.com with a covering letter and a copy of your cv